Current Location: Australia, Victoria
So today I get back to work after coming back from Adelaide, I'm just going through the crap that's been left on my desk (because floaters are completley useless) when my boss comes out to me and asks 'you're not going to be the next to resign, are you?' Of course I answered no and then asked why. Our senior paralegal had just resigned. After some careful thought, a coffee and two cigarettes I decide to make my move. So I send Nic an email asking if I could please see her when she has a spare moment if I promise not to resign. She emails me straight back to come in. So, I approached the subject very nicely and ask that given we are now two paralegals down what exactly are the chances of me taking on extra work. I told her like it was; that I didn't want to be hers and Mark's monkey for the rest of my life and that I'm bored out of my brain. The general gist of the conversation is:
1. I take on all of Michele's current files as at 10 March (Michele is the less senior paralegal).
2. I take on a small amour of instructions as at 10 March to build up my own file base.
3. Once I get ontop of the thing I have to learn we will recruit a replacement Laura (who I will have to interview and have a month-long handover with).
4. Once my replacement is trained I will offically be a paralegal and have a budget and all the rest of it.
5. I will more than likely be promoted to paralegal before Lisa or Mikahla (the two juniors who are being made to sit a formal interview process for their position - I also will not be required to sit an interview).
So there you go, I'm going to be a lawyer without being a lawyer. I'll also (a bit further down the track) get my own PA to do my administration work for me.
I played netball tonight, my oath did I carve it up. I fucking dominated. At least I'm good at something. I played in Epping though. First time I've been to Epping since I moved out of Shannon's place, so I'm a little sad now, but not too bad.
Also found out today that Gully can't move out of his house 'till June/July. FUCK! So I'm stuck paying $1K a month in rent 'till then. I'm actually going to look into the price of commuting every day from my parent's house in the meantime. It can't be any more than what I'm paying now, right? I'm just over paying through the arse to rent what is essentially, a bedroom.
Posted via LiveJournal.app.